Saturday, August 24, 2019
Duterte signed 27 new laws in July-August 2019
See - https://www.onenews.ph/post-sona-scorecard-27-laws-adopted-9-vetoed
"x x x.
Data from the Presidential Legislative Liaison Office showed that the President has affixed his signature on 27 measures since July 25, triple the number of bills he vetoed since assuming office in 2016.
Eleven of the bills were signed on July 25, three on July 31, one on Aug. 7 and 12 on Aug. 8.
Signed into law after Duterte’s fourth SONA were the following:
• Republic Act (R.A.) No. 11346 increasing the excise tax on tobacco products.
The measure raises tobacco excise tax rates and imposes taxes on heated tobacco and vapor products to raise funds for the government’s health care program.
• RA 11350: National Commission of Senior Citizens Act
The law creates a commission that will formulate policies to protect the rights of senior citizens and ensure the implementation of programs designed for their benefit.
• RA 11358: National Vision Screening Act
The measure establishes a national vision screening program for kindergarten pupils to help those with eye ailments.
• RA 11360: Law requiring establishments to distribute in full to their employees the service charges collected.
The measure amends Article 96 of the Labor Code, which stated that 85 percent of service charges collected by establishments shall be distributed to employees.
• RA 11361: Anti-Obstruction of Power Lines Act
The law enumerates and seeks to punish acts that will interrupt the transmission and distribution of electricity.
• RA 11362: Community Service Act
The measure seeks to promote restorative justice and decongest jails by allowing courts to require community service in lieu of imprisonment for offenses punishable by up to six months in prison.
• RA 11363: Philippine Space Act
The law creates the Philippine Space Agency, which will create, develop and implement the country’s space program.
• RA 11364: Cooperative Development Authority Charter of 2019
The law aims to strengthen and reorganize the Cooperative Development Authority, which is mandated to develop and formulate regulations, standards and rules to ensure the effective operation of cooperatives.
• RA 11369: National Students’ Day Act
The law declares Nov. 17 of every year as National Students’ Day to recognize the contribution of student activism to the country’s democracy.
• RA 11371: Murang Kuryente Act
The law seeks to reduce electricity rates by allotting a portion of the net national government share from the Malampaya Natural Gas Project for the payment of stranded contract costs and stranded debts.
• RA 11370: An act declaring Sept. 8 of every year a special working holiday in commemoration of the feast of the nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
• RA 11372: Philippine Coast Guard General Hospital Act
The law seeks to promote the well-being and provide the medical needs of active and retired coast guard personnel and their dependents.
• RA 11357: Solar Para sa Bayan Corp. franchise
The measure grants a 25-year franchise to a solar company controlled by Leandro Leviste, son of Antique Rep. Loren Legarda.
• RA 11347, 11348: Laws establishing PUP campuses in Quezon City and San Juan
• RA 11349: Law creating three additional branches of the Regional Trial Court in Macabebe, Pampanga
• RA 11351: An act upgrading the sub-district engineering office in Carmona, Cavite into a regular district engineering office
• RA 11352: Law granting a franchise to Bohol Chronicle Radio Corp. and laws renewing the franchises of Mountain Province Broadcasting Corp. (RA 11353), Southern Broadcasting Network Inc. (RA 11354), Radioworld Broadcasting Corp. (RA 11355), Beacon Communications Systems Inc. (RA 11356), Radio Audience Developers Integrated Organization Inc. (RA 11368), Mareco Broadcasting Network (RA 11367) and Solidnorth Broadcasting System (RA 11366).
• RA 11359: An act increasing the bed capacity of Jose B. Lingad Memorial General Hospital in San Fernando, Pampanga from 500 to 1,000
• RA 11365: An act declaring the Balanga Wetland and Nature Park in Bataan as a responsible and community-based ecotourism zone