"x x x.
Congress Action on FOI Tracker
The Right to Know. Right Now! Coalition will monitor the action of Congress on FOI in the coming days, weeks, and months.
We have set up an online Congress Action on FOI Tracker (http://i-foi.org) that will provide the public with timely and regular updates on the status of the FOI Bill.
The FOI Tracker will also provide a periodic assessment of Congressional commitment on the passage of the FOI Bill. The assessment will be based on the substantive quality and integrity of the bill in terms of the people’s right to information. It will also track Congressional action based on the following timetable:
- May 4 to June 11, 2015 Session – Second Reading and Debate should commence in the House of Representatives, with Sponsorship completed and Period of Interpellation substantially started by Adjournment Sine Die.
- July 25, 2015, when Third Regular Session of Congress starts – The continuation of Period of Interpellation must be calendared immediately.
- September 2015 – Period of Interpellation or Debate must have been closed or terminated.
- October 2015 – Period of Amendments must have been completed.
- November 2015 – The People’s FOI Bill must have been approved on Second and Third Reading.
- December 2015 – The Bicameral Conference Report must have been ratified by the Senate and the House of Representatives.
- January 2016 – The Enrolled People’s FOI Bill must have been presented to the President for approval.
- February 2016 – The People's FOI Bill must have been signed by the President into law.
The FOI Tracker has a meter assessing Congressional action, with a green zone denoting good performance; a yellow zone denoting performance that needs improvement but still with optimistic outlook on the bill; a red zone denoting bad performance and pessimistic prognosis on the bill; and a black zone denoting that Congress is evidently out to kill the FOI Bill.
As of today, with the quality and integrity of the bill intact, with the Senate bill passed on Third Reading, and with the House bill well positioned for passage, Congress’s action on the FOI bill remains in the green zone.
x x x."
More from: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/486174/cbb/foi-bill-well-positioned-for-passage-citizens-to-track-congress-action-on-foi