Thursday, May 5, 2016

I will vote for Leila De Lima for Senator.


In 2004, when I served as a co-convenor of the “Lawyers for Reform (L4R)” core group of the late Sen. Raul Roco, who ran for president in that year, I had the occasion to meet Justice Secretary and now senatorial candidate Leila De Lima during an election law seminar where she was our main lecturer.

She was one of the top election lawyers in the country.

Our L4R chairman then was Atty. Arthur Lim, now a ranking and respected Comelec Commissioner.

Leila De Lima is a strong, independent-minded, and brilliant lawyer and public servant, with a warm and friendly heart and an impeccable character.

Her election to the Senate would enhance its collective wisdom and its institutional integrity and reputation.

I will vote for Leila De Lima for Senator.

I urge my relatives and friends to support her.