RED FLAGS VS. DITO TELECOM (DITO) AND CHINA TELECOM (CHINATEL), as per Sen..HONTIVEROS:
1. China Telecom (ChinaTel), which has a 40-percent stake in Dito, is 100-percent owned by the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
2. Dito’s reporting line is under the State Council of the PRC.
3. China continues her adventurism in contested territories in the West Philippine Sea.
4. ChinaTel’s partnership with Dito was based on the “imprimatur of President Rodrigo Duterte” who, in 2017, requested China’s Prime Minister Li Keqiang for a Chinese company to run the country’s third telecom operator.
5. China Telecom was predestined to win the license for the third telco in the Philippines.
6. Future administration may overturn the decision that granted Dito its franchise, due to irregularities in the license process.
7. ChinaTel reports directly to the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
8. ChinaTel had close ties with China’s Armed Forces.
Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1367916/risa-presses-senate-probe-of-ditos-china-links#ixzz6fcrrtOFj
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook